It seemed they didn’t just have one vegan burger on offer – but THREE. We had to try them all! Luckily, with Michiel’s intense training, he must match it with more FOOD! So we ordered all three – what a treat! We did share…
Deliciousness on a plate (well, three plates).
Burgers are so easy to make too, I love to make them, and they are favourites with vegans – especially with vegan cheese, salsa & guacamole! Here’s some recipes you can try yourself! Packed with protein & super tasty!
BEANY BURGERS RECIPE
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 baby carrots, grated (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, torn into small crumbs
- 3/4 cup flour, (or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mash black beans in a bowl; add onion, garlic, carrots, and green bell pepper. Mix.
- Whisk cornstarch, water, spices, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a separate small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into black bean mixture.
- Mix whole-wheat bread into bean mixture.
- Stir flour, 1/4 cup at a time, into bean mixture until a sticky batter forms.
- Spoon ‘burger-sized’ mounds of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, about a 3/4-inch thickness per mound. Shape into burgers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked in the center and crisp in the outside, (about 10 minutes on each side)